Top Ten Tips to feel better and keep skin glowing for 2017.
- Stop picking at your skin. You can do it. I was a nightly picker before I was an esthetician!
- Eat clean. Decrease processed foods, canned goods and fried foods.
- Wash your pillow cases, hand towels, towels, kitchen towels with hot water and bleach every week to prevent acne bacteria and zap viruses. Wipe down your phone, computers and common areas with alcohol wipes or disinfectants at least once per week
- Throw out all natural products after six months of use due to less stable preservatives.
- Protect yourself from the sun. Wear your sunglasses, hat, tint your car windows, wear your zinc based SPF and no more laying out.
- Healthy sleep without use of drugs, alcohol or medications.
- Work out three times per week (cardio, weights, stretch) for twenty minutes minimum for mental health, better sleep, feel better, look better, etc.
- Cut down on meat, dairy and sugar for clean blood, decrease inflammation and prevent disease for a healthier you.
- Stop smoking nicotine. Eat your edibles. Purchase high quality oils if you vaporize.
- Cut down on alcohol consumption to reduce empty calories, sleep better, clearer thinking, less sugar, less inflammation……I could go on forever!
New year means completion and creation. I would love to help you complete bad habits and create new ones that ultimately effect your skin and your overall health.
Create an awareness around what is not working. We generally know what is not working for us but are resistant to giving it up.
A personal example is dairy. I have been “lactose in denial” for probably ten years. I know not to do it but I do not commit to the process of cutting out dairy. I suffer the consequences physically and my skin suffers with painful breakouts.
When I commit to no diary, I have to speak up with my community that I cannot eat cheese. I tell the waiter, I cannot tolerate dairy. At the store, I have to organize enough time to slow down and read labels. I have to be responsible and create meals for the week and carry snacks so I’m not tempted to purchase unhealthy on the go food.
What is one new commitment for 2017 that will provide for you a healthier life that will lead to a healthier complexion?